Maine Tobacco HelpLine
The Maine Tobacco HelpLine answers your questions and offers friendly support to people thinking about quitting or ready to quit smoking, or those who want to help a friend or family member quit.
Why Should You Call?
- It’s free and totally confidential.
- We offer positive, supportive assistance. We won’t pressure you or put you down.
- We offer personal support geared to your life.
- It’s all by phone, on your schedule – you won’t have to worry about missing work, missing appointments, or how to watch the kids while you’re gone.
- You are 2-3 times more likely to quit with the HelpLine than when you try to quit on your own.
What Happens When You Call?
- We’ll ask questions to see what kind of help you need.
- If you are interested in quitting, you’ll talk to one of our specialists.
- If you are ready to quit, we’ll help you set a quit date, and we’ll make a plan just for you.
- We’ll help you think about ideas and ways to cope with urges to smoke.
- We’ll discuss using a nicotine patch, lozenge, or gum and let you know if you qualify for the Medication Program.
- We’ll help you feel comfortable talking about smoking.
- Once you say it’s OK, we’ll set up the next calls for ongoing support. We can help you reach your goals.
Call the Maine Tobacco HelpLine at 1-800-207-1230 or enroll online to quit.