Maine Tobacco HelpLineThe Maine Tobacco HelpLine answers your questions and offers friendly support to people thinking about quitting or ready to quit smoking, or those who want to help a friend or family member quit.
Why Should I Connect?
- It’s free and totally confidential.
- Registration is easy and you can complete your registration by phone or online.
- All counseling is over the phone to make it easier for your schedule. We offer positive, supportive messages. We won’t pressure you or put you down.
- We offer personal support geared to your life.
- You can receive materials and resources electronically or right to your door.
- You are 2-3 times more likely to quit with the Helpline than when you try to quit on your own.
What Happens When I Connect?
- We’ll ask questions to see what kind of help you need.
- If you are interested in quitting, you’ll talk to one of our tobacco treatment specialists.
- If you are ready to quit, we’ll help you set a quit date, and we’ll make a plan just for you.
- We’ll help you think about what makes you smoke and give ideas to help you cope with urges.
- We’ll discuss using nicotine patches, lozenges, or gum and let you know if you qualify for the Medication Program.
- You will be offered the option to receive secure access to a website with helpful videos, articles, trackers and message boards for extra support that meets your schedule.
- With your permission we will set up another call with you to check in and/ or you can choose to call us if needed. We can help you reach your goals.