Prepare Yourself For Quitting
- Start by making a list of reasons why you want to quit smoking or vaping. QUIT TOOL
- Tell friends and family about your plan to quit so they can help support your efforts.
- Have your tried quitting before? Try to understand the reasons why you were not successful. QUIT TOOL
- Know your smoking or vaping triggers. QUIT TOOL
- Take note of when you smoke and what routines, friends, and situations contribute to your smoking. Are you ready to make some changes?
- Still on the fence? Call the Maine Tobacco HelpLine at 1-800-207-1230. They can help you determine if you are really ready and when the best time for you to quit is.
Once you’ve had a chance to really think things over and are committed to the quitting process, take the first step toward quitting.