You will have a better chance of quitting successfully if you have help and support from your doctor, family, friends, coworkers, and those that have been through the quitting process.
- Contact your close friends and family and let them know you are making a plan to quit.
- Call your health insurance provider to inquire about coverage for tobacco cessation support.
- Schedule an appointment with your primary care doctor to discuss medication options.
- Like The QuitLink on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to receive free advice and support from others who are just like you.
- Join a support group for people quitting smoking or attend a smoking cessation program.
- Get support from the Maine Tobacco HelpLine.
- Announce your plan to quit.
- Check out additional resources on the SmokeFree.gov website.
- Post this badge on our Facebook page and share on your Timeline.