Quit Smoking, Start Living
Smoking harms nearly every organ in your body and negatively impacts your overall health and well-being. It is known to cause heart disease, stroke, lung diseases, osteoporosis, cancer, and death.
The Good News
- Quitting tobacco use is hard, but you can do it.
- Quitting can reverse the damage that smoking has had on your health and reduce your chance of dying from smoking-related disease.
- You will experience immediate health benefits from becoming a nonsmoker.
- It only takes 20 minutes to start reversing the negative effects of smoking.
- It’s never too late to quit and start improving your health.
When You’re Ready to Quit, We’re ready to Help.
The Maine Tobacco HelpLine can make it easier, and increase your chances of quitting for good. You are two to three times more likely to quit with the HelpLine than if you try along. Call 1-800-207-1230 and give yourself this chance.